Friday, August 7, 2009

Assignment Twelve

First off I am gonna admit right now that I do not fully understand the whole New Sentence thing, and I do not even really know what about it I am not getting. But as far as this assignment goes I think I can take a crack at it. It seems that this style of poetry, like L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E Poetry, is only for shock value. All it is attempting to do is make people look even closer at what they are reading, so close that they have to pay attention to each individual word. In regular paragraphs you could probably read the first and last sentence to get an overall jist of what the paragraph is about, as well as maybe what the next paragraph will be discussing. But with this New Sentence type writing you cannot do that. If all you read was the first sentence you would have missed everything in the paragraph except that first thing you read. That is where the whole if A=b and B=C then A=C comes in. By avoiding that in New Sentence you still create a paragraph but not anything coherent to every line in that paragraph. I think I am just going around in circles now, my brain hurts. Anyway I think I need to let all this marinate a little more and then maybe I can come up with something a normal person can understand.

On with the creative part of this assignment. This poem just is, there is not really a theme or anything it just is.

Vibrations on the beside table, someone needs my help again. Windows need washing, get to it. Hey turd-bird you ready to go. Stars hidden behind clouds, thunder strikes. Kids screaming as cold water sprays. Shit I forgot to do my paper. This is what left wing is, this is what right is. When are you gonna get your license? Beetles and maggots craw through his eyes. Scratching away from flee bites. I wonder if it will explode if I do this? Gonna ghost ride her bike down the hill, hope it doesn't fall into the creek. Damn gotta fix the screen again, stupid cat clawed it up. Never thought I would see you in this position. Someone has to clean up this mess, is that blood on my pancakes? Toys are scattered everywhere, pictures covered with a black sheet. We need a new couch, maybe we can get leather this time. I love the smell of sheets hung out on the line to dry. Tomorrow is better to do something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment